Twice a month our church blog features “interviews” with your fellow church members. Will you answer these 11 questions to help us build community in this new way? Email your answers to teri at rclpc.org
1. What is your name, what town do you live in, and what do you do for a living?
Jonathan Horvath lives in Lakewood and is a “Director of Program Management.”
2. If you had to describe yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
I’m someone who wishes he had more to give and to serve.
3. How did you find your way to RCLPC and why do you stay?
1–Lydia. 2–Cookies! Seriously, though, I stay because God wants me to be here. We do good work, have excellent musical talent and pastors, and…oh yeah, cookies.
4. What gives you joy?
Helping and seeing others find happiness.
5. What is your favorite sound?
Silence. In the silence, I can hear God breathe.
6. How do you see yourself as part of the ever-widening circle of grace?
I challenge myself to let go of my apprehensions and let God work through me.
7. You have up to 15 words–what would you put on your tombstone?
“I’m watching you, don’t make me come down there.”
8. What is a dream you hope to see become reality in the next decade?
People learn to let go of their pride and greed.
9. Why are you cool?
I’m not, I’m always hot, just ask Lydia.
10. What is one of your favorite memories?
11. Anything else you’ve always wanted to be asked?
What is the nature of Christ?