Twice a month our church blog features “interviews” with your fellow church members. Will you answer these 11 questions to help us build community in this new way? Email your answers to teri at rclpc.org.
1. What is your name, what town do you live in, and what do you do for a living?
John T. Fankhauser, I live in Oakwood Hills and I’m an attorney/insurance broker.
2. If you had to describe yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
3. How did you find your way to RCLPC and why do you stay?
I came from a Presbyterian Church in Des Plaines because we moved to McHenry County.
4. What gives you joy?
5. What is your favorite sound?
6. How do you see yourself as part of the ever-widening circle of grace?
I try to become a real person who is willing to accept and love others.
7. You have up to 15 words–what would you put on your tombstone?
8. What is a dream you hope to see become reality in the next decade?
A new, more modern church building.
9. Why are you cool?
10. What is one of your favorite memories?
When I joined the Presbyterian Church and my surname was spelled correctly!
11. Anything else you’ve always wanted to be asked?