Twice a month we’ll be featuring “interviews” with your fellow church members. Want to be interviewed? Just answer these 11 questions and email them to teri at rclpc.org, and we’ll publish your interview in an upcoming column!
1. What is your name, what town do you live in, and what do you do for a living?
Tammy Klaus, Crystal Lake, I am an analytic troubleshooter for Oracle Corporation.
2. If you had to describe yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
I am a mother, wife, grandmother, and friend who chooses to focus on the positive things in life every day.
3. How did you find your way to RCLPC and why do you stay?
I came to RCLPC to vote, the first time! Jeff and I decided to come to to services, and we stay for the people, pastor, and the music.
4. What gives you joy?
What doesn’t? Every day, in every thing, I can find some inspiration of joy! More specifically, seeing my children smile, enjoying a peaceful moment with Jeff, counting my blessings, or knowing I have helped another – these things bring me joy.
5. What is your favorite sound?
music! the sound of waves crashing on the beach, a child’s “belly chuckle”
6. How do you see yourself as part of the ever-widening circle of grace?
I see myself continuing to reach out and help others whenever, wherever I can
7. You have up to 15 words–what would you put on your tombstone?
I won’t have a tombstone, as I don’t want my body to be buried.
8. What is a dream you hope to see become reality in the next decade?
My dream is that my children become healthy, happy, well-adjusted adults.
9. Why are you cool?
I am cool because instead of saying “NO,” I ask myself “Why not?” If the reason “why not” isn’t that big a deal, then WHY NOT?!
10. What is one of your favorite memories?
One of my favorite memories is of sitting on the front porch of a little country church at midnight, just after a 6″ snowfall . The sky was clear and the moon shone brightly… all the new snow shimmered like diamonds all around. It was silent, peaceful, and beautiful… and for some reason I was moved to tears for it.
11. Anything else you’ve always wanted to be asked?
Want to get to know Tammy further? You can often find her, and her husband Jeff, at the 8.30 service, or helping out with mission programs like the food trucks.